Thursday, January 7, 2010

Third Quarter (current moon phase)






Gingham
I've always loved me some gingham and Christopher Kane's marvellous SS10 collection which was a veritable cornucopia of glorious gingham prompted me to dust off those crusty old boxes (I'm a hoarder) full of clothes from primary school and see what still fit. 



Are those...?
Gloves on my head? Yes, they sure are. But seriously, what could be more logical? You wear them around on your head and then when your hands get cold, you can take them off your head and wear them on your hands! Amazing, huh? Just don't get into that old nanna habit of asking where your gloves are. They're on your head, duh!

Frills Attached
Summer has plunged me into a deep abyss of child-like, uber girly looks. I think the heat is getting to my head and fooling me into thinking I'm eight years old again. But come on! Who can resist frilly socks?!

Sheer Delight
I know some of you are probably totally over the sheer trend by now but I still cannot get enough! This sheer green top is one of my favourites because it's rather loose and the shape is almost sporty. It reminded me of some of the tops featured in the Alexander Wang SS10 collection. 

Ice Ice Baby!
In my opinion, Miu Miu's SS10 collection was one of the best shows this season and I simply adored the way rather conservative looking shirts were embellished with jewelry. Here, I have placed a necklace under a polo shirt which is under a knit jumper. 



Oh, and creepy Edward Cullen/catwoman wants to know what you're wearing... 

10 comments:

Christopher said...

Omg that Twilight thing at the end made me rofl. You have really unique and great style. I dont think many ppl could pull it off but you are very pretty so it suits you. Btw, how old are you? You look really young! And I'm not saying that just because you're Asian;P

Dodo said...

I love that yellow headband. And gloves on your head is just brilliant! Now I feel inspired to buy lots of headbands and glue all kinds of stuff to it *looks around*

+ victoria green + said...

I love the gloves too much - very nostalgic and pretty.

I have also taken a shine to wearing sheer blouses - I am really inspired by the gothicesque looks such as Rick Owens SS10 and Odyn Vovk SS10.

Penelope said...

I think the gloves thing is awesome! You are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The yellow headband is gold!

Nancy Magoo said...

The green looks great on you. Love the red lips too.

Kayleigh Ann said...

Hey, nice blog. The emerald green is my favourite colour. very chic.

Look forward to your next post!

http://kayleighannstyleblog.blogspot.com/

Sky Pies said...

My favourite post! I like the glove idea actually, and yes it is very logical lol, who needs handbags when you've got your head! You're very beautiful!

http://skiepies.blogspot.com/

Jared said...

You look hot yo.

Jared said...

You look hot yo.