Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Waxing Gibbous (current moon phase)




Too much time on my wrists. My ex-boyfriend, a German, had been gifted one too many watches accompanied by the “oh, but you’re German, you guys love punctuality!” To show everyone he had a sufficient number of watches, he wore them all at once. By the way, it’s a good idea to use broken watches for this one because the ticking can drive you and your surroundings frigging INSANE. Trust me.





Wearing your heart on your… face? I am loving hearts in all forms at the moment particularly on my face. One evening, I decided to draw a random heart over my beauty spot using pencil eyeliner and it is now basically imprinted on my face at all hours of the day.



White collar, blue collar, studded collar? I saw an amazing/beautiful/gorgeous/tremendous/inspiring pic on the Sartorialist and now cannot get enough of studded collars. Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to find a large variety of studs. I got mine from Centrepoint and had to pay a whopping $2 per stud. Seriously? Personally, I would go for the conical shaped ones but I could not find them. Darkness and despair...



Lingerie lovelies. If you have seen any of the SS10 shows, you know that this season is all about sheer and lingerie. I really adore this trend. At the moment, I am obsessed with garters and silk slips with lace trim. I think they look stunning paired with more conservative looks such as knit jumpers or gingham à la Christopher Kane. A couple weeks ago, I invested in a pair of black satin French knickers and wear them around everywhere!



Two-tone nails. For indecisive people, I highly recommend this option. When I go to get my nails done, I always find myself in some sort of dilemma- shall I choose lilac or maroon? Well, why not both!? I think it’s quite refreshing but some people say it is just plain weird. Being the embodiment of wit and class, I usually snap back with a “I know you are but what am I?” Yup, I am that good.


So, what is your waxing gibbous?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty girl. Interesting style. I like it!

Jess said...

Added to favourites list. Love it :)

Frederic said...

My waxing gibbous is sheers at the moment. I have a sheer mesh vest I wear around all the time. I think the lingerie look is nice on girls. Very sexy. But only certain girls.

Frederic said...

My waxing gibbous is sheers at the moment. I have a sheer mesh vest I wear around all the time. I think the lingerie look is nice on girls. Very sexy. But only certain girls.

+ LONEWOLF + said...

Love your amazingness!

The nail thing is a win situation! Who can decide on just one colour :)

My waxing gibbous would have to be sheer things - think muslin cloth, voile, and super fine cotton.

That and my eccentric love of furry animals, feathers and woodland inspired adornment right now.

Keep up the great work :)

ramblings of a shopaholic said...

you can get studs on trademe, just make sure they are the ones you can bend easily with a pair of plyers

Kelly Cambon said...

Thanks ranmblings of a shopaholic! Will do :)